Why live with a pain in your neck if you don’t have to?
JULY 11, 2017
Here are 5 TIPS to help release some tension to help combat neck & back pain!
- Stop Sleeping on Your Stomach: Try instead to sleep on your side with a pillow between you legs or on your back with a pillow under your knees.
- Stretch Out Your Hamstrings: This can cause misalignment and terrible pain. Do stretches every morning and evening to stay lose and flexible.
- No More “Text Neck” Staring at Your Phone: Take a look at your phone, do you feel your chin going down to your chest? That makes your neck go in a C shape. Try propping your arms up to keep your neck straight. If you are using a tablet try propping it up on your knees instead of keeping it flat in your lap.
- Get Up and Move: When you sit at at a desk all day your whole body is getting tight, it really helps to get up and move through out the day. You may want to try setting an alarm for every 2 hours to get up and walk around for a few minutes. The more active we are the less we will hurt!
- Routine Chiropractic Care: Think a chiropractor just cracks your back and sends you on your way? Not true. A chiropractor’s goal is to not only to relieve pain but to keep you pain-free between adjustments! The spinal manipulations used to correct subluxations (misalignments) of the spine can relieve painful pressure in your neck, back and head.
To achieve optimal wellness, follow these simple tips to keep your back and neck aligned and reduce muscle or nerve pain.